A new tax credit will take effect for eligible workers in Washington State starting in 2023. There are certain eligibility requirements in order to qualify for the credit and these include…
- Have a valid social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
- Lived in Washington State for more than 183 days in 2022.
- Are at least 25 years old or younger than 65 years old or have a qualifying child in 2022.
- Filed a 2022 federal tax return (in 2023).
- Eligible to claim the Earned Income Credit Tax Credit on their 2022 return (or meet the requirements of the Earned Income Tax Credit but are filing with an ITIN.)
- Meet income requirements.
For the income requirements, the projected limits for the 2022 tax year are as follows….
|# Of Children Claimed||Filing as Single, Head of Household, or Widowed||Filing as Married Filing Jointly|
|3 or more||$53,057||$59,187|
Individuals and families may receive up to $1,200 back if they meet the eligibility requirements. More details will be forthcoming in the next few weeks. The application for this credit will open on February 1, 2023. For more information, you can click the link and to find out if you could be eligible for this credit, you can click here.